There are many ways to cook beef steak, but here is a simple recipe that you can try:
- 1 pound beef steak (such as ribeye, sirloin, or filet mignon)
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil or butter
- Optional: garlic, rosemary, thyme, or other seasonings of your choice
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking. This allows the steak to cook more evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Season the steak generously with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Heat a heavy skillet (such as cast iron) over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil or butter to the pan and let it melt or heat up.
- Once the pan is hot, carefully add the steak to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until a crust forms and the steak is browned.
- If desired, add garlic, rosemary, thyme, or other seasonings to the pan. Spoon the melted butter or oil over the steak as it cooks.
- Once the steak is browned on both sides, transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the desired level of doneness is reached.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and results in a more tender steak.
Enjoy your delicious and juicy beef steak!